Monday, February 2, 2015

by Gus on Oct 30th, 2008 Tweet


by Gus on Oct 30th, 2008 Tweet
Carapace 6 - aka Carapace Issue 71 - was launched last night at Rust and Vrede in Belleville. A great turnout, and some terrific, very funny readings. Two poems dat drew great applause: A Straight literary outrage
I would like to Verlaine, Fryer'd Sexton and Gert Vlok Nel I consider fishing I make you Gorter loose pull out your van Broekhuizen my hand Sepamla your phil other and water meyer Achebe I'll Weideman fingertips find my tt Cloetes smooth and soft like WATERFALL my pushkin honey and velvet kirsch rosebud Blum Jan. flower and kelkblaar I Nat Nakasa my nose rich Hattingh explore your skin finger and lip Eybers your woordfoël I Chekov your high wood you Stockenström your lina spear your Gustav your mandelstam your Tolstoy your shakespeare your hoornik menagerie I'd Balzac your Holst your boutens Vondel we do hodman the moment you hesitate menagerie on the brink, I want to extend and paarrym postponement because when you ingrid and within my wopko - and I hope you Nijhoff slow - I started almost immediately ee cummings, and, for half an hour keep Komrij when your Sartre enjambement vibrate I like a tuning fork, while as a Pannevis a bare grain in the night sky then depart all Allende I krige chicken and will Huygens Yeats and Joyce and probably a little bit Heilna Heese bellow and even proust Belcher and pope teruglê against Cussons and me, head to your chest Koestler
Our Father in Heaven gives us even in this millennium we deserved ice age we eighteenth ice age so we do our daily plastiekverpakte food at Woolworths could not find and the delusion of unblemished fruits and vegetables can lose space age creatures that we do not our daily aspirin in healthy give kneusplekkies of stone, clod and worm. Save us from Woolworths smooth tjerries, their snipperige parcels, for Father, they think you have us under a turkey hatching. menagerie
Andries Bezuidenhout, Gerrit Brand Corne Coetzee, Toast Coetzer, menagerie Jan de Bruyn, Mia de Jager, Annelie the Act, Therese Fensham, Jeanne Goosen, Lucille Greeff, Severity Grundling official press release S Camphor, Katvrou, Hunter Kennedy, Riku Lätti Danie Marais Lionel Murcott, Ronel Nel Jansie Potgieter, Liezel Potgieter Heigers Gerhard Rasch, Carina Stander, Deborah Steinmair, Andre van Vuuren
With soft strings and I send you my tie and with under each arm we'll walk through the night I will take you with me radula comfort on a track we will lay triune cozy and ever waiting on the Trans Karoo
Splinters in a grain with a cup full of ground coffee, the smell of baked Granny Smiths for a hot stove I remembered's Piebald my grandmother, I remember how I choked when I say that I never had a dress will not wear, I remember branikels and sorrel an Meester of a farm school's cane called Listen My frog eyes and how I always second or last in the relay ended, I thought menagerie back to a grain filled apple wood and how I tried to boom again heal make after hours of fainting tried I could just wipe away my tears and pull the splinters out of my hands dirty.
Cats: Afrikaans, Feature, Fiction, South Africa Tags: African, Andre van Vuuren, Andries Bezuidenhout, Annelie the Act, Carapace, Carapace 71, Carapace Slug Award, Carina menagerie Stander, Piping Coetzee, Danie Marais, Deborah Steinmair, Poetry, Severity Grundling , Events, Feature, Gerhard Rasch, Gerrit Brand, menagerie Hugh Hodge, Hunter Kennedy, Jan de Bruyn, Jansie Potgieter, Jeanne Goosen, carapace, carapace 6 Katvrou Liezel Potgieter Heigers Lionel Murcott, Lucille Greeff, Mia de Jager, Poeisie, Poetry, Riku Lätti, Ronel Nel, the official press release S Camphor, Rust, South Africa, Therese Fensham, Toast Coetzer
Please register menagerie or log in to comment
Recent Posts entrapment Culture Clash Four from Carapace 82 - "Not Goodbye" to Akwe Amosu - and Carapace 83 On Martyrdom: a poem Launch of Akwe Amuso's Not Goodbye at Kalk Bay Books
Popular Books LIVE - Carapace Tags Damian Garside Events Finuala Dowling Gail Dendy Gus Ferguson Haiku Hugh Hodge Ingrid de Kok Jane Fox John Simon Mangaliso W Buzani Misc Moira Lovell Mzi Mahola News Poetry Belgium Steve Shapiro Sue Clark Tim volem


No comments:

Post a Comment